MySQL is one of the most popular open source database systems in the world. Developed by MySQL AB, more and more companies depend on the availability of MySQL server. While MySQL cluster provides load balancing and high availability for carrier grade applications, SteelEye LifeKeeper for Linux with the MySQL Application Recovery Kit (ARK) provides failover for standard single instance MySQL databases, increasing the availability of critical MySQL servers without the need to modify your existing applications.
- MySQL ARK application scenario
- supports MySQL 3.23.x, 4.x and 5.x
- active/standby or active/active (different DB instances) supported
- supports all LifeKeeper compatible storage types including DRBD, MD devices, SAN devices and NAS devices.
- no need to modify existing applications
- all MySQL features are supported, including MySQL replication
- transparent network failover through LifeKeeper IP failover
- wizzard driven integration of MySQL database instance into cluster
- automatic detection of functional dependencies for MySQL storage locations
- deep monitoring of MySQL through connection test
- support for active/active MySQL clusters supporting multiple MySQL instances in one cluster
- SteelEye Competence and Support Center, 7 x 24h support.
- Response time of less than 2 hours for business critical cases.
- Included software maintenance.
- Business Continuity Assessment.
- Business Continuity Design (e.g. MySQL replication scenarios).
- LifeKeeper Configuration Validation.
- LifeKeeper Installation.
- LifeKeeper Training.